pregnancy week by week

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Eventful evening

Yesterday I was bouncing on my ball when I suddenly started to feel a lot of pain and pressure that wasn't really letting up. I told Hazen we needed to go for a walk, so we all got ready and headed out for a short walk (I was in a bit of pain, so I cut it down from our normal 2-miler). Almost immediately, painful contractions started coming. They were starting low in my pelvis, then moving up through my entire abdomen and finishing in my back. They were right about two minutes apart and were all lasting well over a minute. We sat on a bench at the park to see if they would continue (they always stop if I change what I'm doing) and they kept right up through the sitting. We slowly made our way home, still painfully contracting every couple of minutes, and I went ahead and called our friend who will watch Ian on the big day to let her know what was going on. I decided to take a shower to see if that would stop the contractions, and it didn't. At that point, I had been feeling the pain and pressure for over two hours, so we decided to head into labor and delivery.

Between my friend's house and labor and delivery, the contractions started to space out and get less intense. I had a feeling I was going to be sent home. I got hooked up to the monitors, and I was having some strong contractions but they were far apart and getting shorter. The CNM came in to check me, and he decided that my midwife's 3cm and 80% effaced was closer to a 2cm and 50% effaced--I was sooo not happy to hear that! He was very young, so I'm sticking to my midwife's assessment...I liked hers better. :p

So I was sent home. The contractions have stopped, and now we're back to just waiting.

On the plus side, it looks like we have a place to live in Texas and we don't close on that until May 1. So we don't have to worry about being homeless and it's okay if she comes a little late because we have a little extra time to get down there anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment