pregnancy week by week

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

39 week appointment

I had my appointment yesterday at 39 weeks, 4 days. Nothing too exciting to report--I am now 3cm and 80% effaced. Ms. S said I am progressing nicely, so that was nice to hear. I have my next appointment at 40 weeks, 4 days and we will get my induction on the books if I make it to that appointment...sigh. Ms. S says she doesn't expect to see me next week, though, so fingers crossed!

I had a lot of painful contractions after my appointment. We took a walk and they were coming every 2-3 minutes. Sitting down, they slowed to 5-6 minutes and were less painful. I had contractions all through the night, some woke me up. And this morning I woke up with a loose BM (sorry for the TMI) so I'm really hoping my body is gearing up to go into labor in the next day or two.

I'm going to spend most of the day relaxing and being careful to fill up on healthy, easy to digest foods. The kiddo and I are going to head out for a nice long walk this morning and hopefully we can get things moving along.

1 comment: