pregnancy week by week

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

10 days old

I will get pictures up. I will, I will, I will. Though if it doesn't happen today, it's going to be quite a while since we are losing our internet tomorrow when our packers come. Sigh.

It's been such a fast week and a half! I can't believe how much she changes everyday. She's alert for up to two hours at a time now. It's really cute and fun in the mornings...not so much at 1am. She was down to 6lbs 15oz at her 48 hour appointment, but by weighing her at home she is well over 8lbs now. It will be interesting to see what she weighs at her two-week appointment next week!

She is a champion nurser and that is ALL SHE WANTS TO DO. If she is awake, she is attached to me. And something about a diaper change gets her appetite going. Last night she was "talking" for quite awhile when she was supposed to be sleeping. She decided she didn't like the pitch dark that our room is usually in and woke every five minutes when the night light was out. Once I turned it on, she went back to sleep. I don't know why the sudden change, it hadn't been an issue before.

Cloth diapering is going really well. It's so easy and they are just so stinking cute. The only issue I've had is while out and about. I haven't figured out my system for that yet, and I end up with my hands very full and not able to fit everything back in my bag. Plus, I'm using disposable wipes when out, so remembering to toss those instead of folding them in the diaper is a challenge, too. I have wipe that needs to be picked out of some velcro right now. The packers are taking away our washer and dryer tomorrow, so I'm going to try and use a laundromat. I'm hoping it's not as challenging in reality as it feels like it will be in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment